I took some time off this week to visit some family and do some wedding planning. It was fun, and while I was away I took some time to write an update to my Hydrogen Wavefunction project on GitHub. In short, I upgraded the text functionality to be robust against weird inputs (i.e. it’s now more user friendly) and started clearing up code in functions which could be used as good example functions for the main features of the toolbox.
In doing this update, I learned how to use regular expressions – something I had never really worried about before undertaking this project. It was nice to expand my horizons, as I’m aware how useful and ubiquitous regex is as a toolset.