Sitting in Thermodynamics this morning I was reminded of the guys from Manchester who won the Nobel prize yesterday.
The reason it came up was our lecturer talking about 2-D systems and someone said they don’t exist. Of course the topic of the hour is grapheme; an atom thin sheet of carbon!
It’s nice to know our professors are more alert than us on a morning 😉
- @kitty_mao Ooh, well I hope the new day sees even better results! =) For me, still not satisfied with my fitting re… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- Idle late night thoughts: "I wonder if these card sleeves dissolve in acetone?" 7 hours ago
- You fudging what. twitter.com/katherineschof… 9 hours ago
- @kitty_mao I forced mine to stop early after max 1000 iterations and (once I got the syntax right) it fits the data… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- Somehow this optimization is allowed 10 total function evals and 10 total iterations and it's still failing to hit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago